Doing Our Bit
It is our intention to ‘do our bit’locally, nationally and globally. We are on a journey and know that there is much that we can do to make a difference;however we feel we are making a start by:
- using local producers and suppliers when possible and practical (for example our butchery products from R.G. Macdonald in Elgin).
- purchasing fair trade or rainforest alliance coffee and breakfast tea;
- purchasing fair trade or rainforest alliance bananas;
- buying British fruit when in season;
- installing power saving light bulbs in all rooms;
- using our central heating efficiently;
- air drying laundry when weather permits;
- reducing waste and recycling.
Many hotels, guest houses and their customers are aware of the environmental benefit of not laundering towels on a daily basis. We encourage our guests to ‘do their bit’and consider whether their towel needs to be laundered or can be used again.